Ask Paul

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Nev
The Boss
Supports: Peterhead

Ask Paul

Post by Nev » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:46 pm

Following on from his recent articles for the website, Paul Mathers has agreed to answer questions from the fans on the website. Check the main site to submit your question.

ThirdMcIntyreO'Hara
Youth Team Captain

Post by ThirdMcIntyreO'Hara » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:38 pm

Isn't it brilliant to have such an open management? It isn't every manager who would wish to answer questions from the fans.

On another matter, I hope we don't get any more injuries or, come to that, suspensions as with Goody, Hagen & Hegarty out & Spider & Robertson on loan, I make it we have only 16 fit players to call on & that includes 2 goalies, Stewarty & our new signing. However, the boys have been magnificent this season &, with Bav back, we might be able to hold on to the play-off place.
The best forward line EVER!

LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

Post by LangToun Loon » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:01 pm

Are there many questions coming in? When is it planned to get a response from Paul?

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:20 pm

There's been a fair amount of interest in this, but the questions have dried up over the past few days. I'll put a reminder on the main site, and set a closing time of lunchtime on Sunday. After that, I'll go through and make sure there's no repetition of questions, then fire them through to Paul.

We're probably talking about it being Tuesday or Wednesday before it's up on the website.

dougie
S-Form

Post by dougie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:49 pm

Hows this gettin on :?:

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Had a word with Paul today. He's been a bit busy over the past week, but will get it through to me as soon as possible :D

LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

Post by LangToun Loon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:24 pm

Any word from Paul yet?

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:35 pm

Nothing so far. There were quite a lot of questions, so it's probably taking a while to get through them. As I say, the article will be on the website as soon as I get it through from Paul :lol:

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:26 pm

Paul's been in touch today to say the questions should be answered by the end of the week.

I think we all owe Paul a big thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. I'll certainly be buying him a pint or two at some point :)

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:16 pm

Patience, my friends, is a virtue which can pay rich dividends.

http://www.peterheadfc.org.uk/archives/00000376.shtml

Again, many thanks to Paul for taking the time to do this, and also to his wife Nicola who saves me having to do too much editing! :lol:

bonzo
Reserve Team Captain

Post by bonzo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:15 am

All in all some clear and concise answers. Please pass on my thanks to Paul for taking the time and effort in responding to all of the questions.
They're looking at me and I'm saying, it's not me, it's not me!!

balmoor-blue
Youth Team Captain

Post by balmoor-blue » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:09 pm

just wanted to say thanks to Paul for answering my questions and also the other questions - which were all interesting.

the lack of support continues to be a problem - what about trying to develop a sense of identity/unity at home games through the use of music - i'm thinking of a club anthem or musical theme (maybe using blue or town) which supporters can then recognise as their song(s)?

other clubs have developed this idea to generate a sense of belonging and it helps get the fans going at the start of a game - surely the staff in charge of the music before the game and at halftime can come up with something suitable to reflect the club.

LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

Post by LangToun Loon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the questions Paul. It gives us a chance to find out a bit more about the goings on at the club.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:05 am

Yes have to agree & thank Paul for taking the time to answer the questions, he has shown what i would think most of us already realise, that we have a very good open, honest & hard working team looking after team affairs at Balmoor. We all just need to encourage more folk to come along and see it in action. I even took the wife along to boost the attendance recently & between her paying for herself to get in and her frequent trips to the pie shop it must have helped generate a bit more income for the club. We all have to make sacrifices!!!!!!!