v Partick Thistle

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

v Partick Thistle

Post by LangToun Loon » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:45 pm

Another great result today and another case of ‘Martin Buchan comes back to haunt Thistle’. We’re taken 10 points from Thistle - I’m all out of accolades for the team this season, the lads have exceeded all expectations and can look forward to having a real go in the play-offs. Barring a disaster against Ayr next week, we should finish 3rd which would mean facing Morton in the semi-final.

Here’s hoping for a good home crowd on Saturday to salute the teams achievements this season.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:37 pm

The lads did well today in difficult conditions, the goal was worthy of winning any game with great lead up work from Woody & Bav and a tremendous finish from Jamie. Thistle certainly looked keen to win it but once again the lads battled away & came up with the result. Agree that the squad deserves a good turn out next week and are to be congratulated on another excellent season regardless of the outcome of the play-offs which we can go into without fearing anyone.

Raydale Rascal
S-Form

Post by Raydale Rascal » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:35 pm

Have to say well done. Do you think you can actually go on and get promotion via the play offs now after today's result?
After all, expectations among the fans must be higher now since you are 3rd in the table and going to places such as Firhill and winning on a regular basis.

Am I right in thinking you have quite a good record against Morton? The pressure would be on them to beat you as they are probably expect to be in Division One and have a large fanbase and a high wage bill.
Grady's coming to get ya!

LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

Post by LangToun Loon » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:29 pm

Cheers Rascal. We’ve got a good record against the Ton having never dropped a point in league matches against them at home and taken a total of 7 points from our 4 games this season. I think the pressure will be more on them as they’ll be considered the favourites for promotion which suits us fine. As we’ve proved over the season, we’re able to more than hold our own against the full time teams (apart from Gretna!)

There’s a great spirit in the team at the moment and I’m sure there’s confidence that we're capable of claiming a promotion place.

bonzo
Reserve Team Captain

Post by bonzo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:25 am

Great result, and as mentioned barring a major choke, should finish 3rd.

As also previously mentioned, discipline points come into play, may see a changed team turn out against Ayr.
They're looking at me and I'm saying, it's not me, it's not me!!

balmoor-blue
Youth Team Captain

Post by balmoor-blue » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:30 pm

congratulations to all involved at the club for a great season.

the play-offs will be difficult as to be promoted we face four competitive games against two tough teams who will be battling just as hard.

no team has any advantage at this point and the team that wants that place in Division 1 the most will get it.

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 am

Highlight(!) of the match available from:

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/video/23042006143844.mov

You'll need to have Quicktime to play it :lol:

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:29 pm

A cracker of a goal from Jamie. If that game was in the premier and recorded from proper angles then this would be a candidate for goal of the season. (not a criticism of the Partick guys who filmed it - without them we wouldn't even have the goal to watch).
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

LangToun Loon
Reserve Team Sub

Post by LangToun Loon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:32 pm

BlueBlazer wrote:A cracker of a goal from Jamie. If that game was in the premier and recorded from proper angles then this would be a candidate for goal of the season. (not a criticism of the Partick guys who filmed it - without them we wouldn't even have the goal to watch).
Completey agree BlueBlazer - a fantastic goal from Jamie. Thanks to the Partick guys who follow their team around all the games and put the highlights on the site every week. The commentary is brilliant.