McCluskey gone

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
cabbage
Youth Team Captain

McCluskey gone

Post by cabbage » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:46 pm

According to todays Sun, McCluskey contract has been terminated.

Flasher
Youth Team Captain
Supports: Peterhead

Re: McCluskey gone

Post by Flasher » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Threw the toys out the pram when subbed against Brechin and never turned up for training last week.Sent Jim a text saying he was not enjoying his football and then handed in a "to whom it may concern " letter at Hamden saying he wanted out of his contract.Good riddance if that's his attitude.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Thankfully Jim has got his signings right more often than wrong, McCluskey looks to have let him down badly. Peterhead is still in the same place it was long before he signed so saying travel was a problem is a poor excuse its not even as if he had to travel up to training twice a week coming up for a game once every couple weeks is not too much to ask. He had some talent but did not really contribute a lot during his time with us & was a bit timid at times. Know its not the way we tend to do things being awkward about letting players move on but in this case don't see we should make it too easy for him to go looking for a signing on fee for himself to start at another club. Was trying to remember the other day when I first heard about this a few seasons back we had a player that basically was upsetting the dressing room & not performing on the pitch who Jim let move on rather than have him affect the rest of the squad but for some reason cannot remember who I am thinking of. Any with McCluskeys attitude are best well away from Balmoor.

Ps was reminded tonight the other player that I was thinking of was Scott McLauchlan who left under a bit of a cloud as well.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 am

That is a pity. He looked fairly decent the times I saw him play, apart from perhaps the Brechine game but I guess he had maybe given up by then. Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, we bring in the January window.

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Actually thought he was beginning to settle in but better away if he's not happy.

Gives a chance to the likes of Leighton who has been on the bench for most of the season.

Also frees up a wage for January and hopefully we can get a decent replacement.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Could be interesting to see how the position is filled, as mentioned Lieghton is available, the other options could be moving Jamie Stevenson back up the field & including Rumsby or Ross at the back. Blockley is a possible attacking mid-fielder, we have not really seen Saleem Nassor in action at all yet & not sure what the plans are for Marc Lawrence are. Unless someone became available that was really going to stand out for us think we just need to give the available players we have a try to find the best combination.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 am

ELLON BRANCH wrote:Could be interesting to see how the position is filled, as mentioned Lieghton is available, the other options could be moving Jamie Stevenson back up the field & including Rumsby or Ross at the back. Blockley is a possible attacking mid-fielder, we have not really seen Saleem Nassor in action at all yet & not sure what the plans are for Marc Lawrence are. Unless someone became available that was really going to stand out for us think we just need to give the available players we have a try to find the best combination.
I don't like Ross at right back so an idea might be to bring in a right back in January (maybe even on loan?) and that would free up players to play in their own positions. Other option is to see if Baptie can play right back although I am guessing not or this would have been tried by now.

stumpy74
Youth Team Captain

Post by stumpy74 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:14 am

What's wrong with blockley at right back
Don't think he's done much wrong at right back when he has been given a chance
Let's Stevenson move forward a bit
More of a problem at left back but that's another debate lol

cabbage
Youth Team Captain

Post by cabbage » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Spot on with your comments. Agree 100% but same old, players being picked irrespective of how good they perform and others don't seem to get a decent chance.

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm

For someone who was supposedly out of love with football, he's now signed for Alloa. Didn't take him long but I suppose another signing on fee will have changed his mind.