January Transfers

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

January Transfers

Post by NewBlue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:16 am

2 Defenders in from St Johonstone on loan - right back Aaron Comrie and centre back Liam Gordon. The St Jonstone fans on P&B seem to rate both of them. Glad to see we have finally brought in a RB and a CB doesn't do us any harm either with Strachan still out.

Has anyone heard of anyone else coming in?
Last edited by NewBlue on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ELLON BRANCH
International Squad Member

Re: Janaury Transfers

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 am

The lad Comrie fitted in pretty well for his 1st game yesterday. Presume the uncertainty with Kellecher is behind getting another centre half in. While it will not be easy to find we really do need to find is a player to compliment, reduce the load on Rory up front.

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Courtesy: The Courier.co.uk
St Johnstone youngsters Liam Gordon and Aaron Comrie have both gone on loan to Peterhead.
The defenders have had a taste of first team action this season but manager Tommy Wright feels their development will be aided by regular football in League One. Gordon (21) has previously been loaned out to Arbroath and Elgin while Comrie (19) had a spell at Montrose last year.
He said: “They have both been on the fringes of the first team this season but now we have Keith Watson back fit and Ally Gilchrist is also back.
“So it’s more beneficial for them to go out and get game time in League One through to the end of the season.
“It will be a good experience for them and something that will benefit them in the longer term.
“Going forward they are both very much in my plans. I have high hopes for them both.
“Aaron is an out and out right back. He is quick, he’s a good one on one defender and he uses the ball well.

“Liam is strong, athletic and a good talker as well.”

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Hopefully they will both setlle in quickly. Think we can have up to 4 loan players as long as most of them are young players so we could still keep Kelleher if it can be agreed.

Not sure if Gordon counts as an "older" player. Looks like he might get an early chance as Rossbooked lived up to his name yet again in the Brechin game.

Either a loan striker or use the McCluskey wage to sign someone would be ideal.

Meanwhile - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local ... on-9535797
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:50 pm

I guess we know why it 'didn't work out' for him :x

ELLON BRANCH

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 am

Don't know if we still hold his registration or not but if we do should possibly either ask for a fee or a return of his signing on fee as he is obviously at it & has let us down badly.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Re: January Transfers

Post by NewBlue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:07 am

I see Nassor has gone now. I guess that is what will happen if you don't get a game. I wonder if Rumsby might be in a similar position.

strichener2
Lord of the prediction league

Post by strichener2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 pm

NewBlue wrote:I see Nassor has gone now. I guess that is what will happen if you don't get a game. I wonder if Rumsby might be in a similar position.
Appears to be a common pattern, sign them and then don't play them. Too many times we see the same thing and you really wonder how much research is put into these signings.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Aye well with Rumsby you would think he would get a sniff with our shortage of CB's and the fact that he was playing in a good Stranraer team the last few seasons. I also noticed Adams was on the bench for Brechin - I had completely forgotten about him.

ELLON BRANCH

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 am

Have to admit Rumsby not getting a run in the team when we were short of a Right Back did puzzle me & have no idea why that was the case, if he has not been able to get a game so far would think he could be looking for another club, certainly rated him at Stranraer the season before last. On the other flank think Baptie has to be given his chance in his position shortly. We have done ok with loans from St Johnstone so hopefully the two lads coming in will tighten us up at the back & with Ryan Strachan available before too long we have players to do a job. Still think someone to assist/compliment Rory up front is key to moving forward as give him his due Rory has worked really hard in most games won more headers flicks etc than ever but a lot of time has been very isolated so the ball comes back to us too often.

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Interesting article by Paul Third (P&J). Sounds as if the manager agrees that Rory needs more support so hopefully another new face soon. Interesting also that he, albeit it fleetingly, thought of resigning at the end of last season. Unless, we finish a lot higher, he may call it a day end of this one which would be a pity. I will stick my neck out and say we will just scrape into the play offs!

Peterhead manager Jim McInally has turned his attention to strengthening his forward line after adding two new defensive reinforcements.
Aaron Comrie impressed on his debut in Monday’s 1-0 win at Brechin after his loan move from St Johnstone and he has been joined at Balmoor by fellow Saint Liam Gordon, although a calf strain will prevent Gordon from making his home debut against Livingston today.
McInally believes the duo’s arrival means he can now focus on strengthening his attack but he has not given up hope of getting defender Fiacre Kelleher back on loan from Celtic.
He said: “I’m trying to get two forwards in. It’s not easy as our location can count against us at times but I’m hoping we can get something done soon as we need more options up front.
“It’s not so much about easing the load on Rory McAllister, it’s more about easing the load on the whole team. We’ve got good options at the back and in midfield but we need more up front.
“Fiacre is back at Celtic and his agent is trying to get him a move to England but I’ve told him if, come the end of January, he is still there we’ll happily have him back.

“We’ve brought in Liam Gordon from St Johnstone and he has more experience and is stronger than Fiacre. I watched him play against Aberdeen in the League Cup at Pittodrie and he was man of the match in the game for me. I’ve also seen him against Hamilton Accies and he’s a very good player.”
McInally was delighted to see his side get back to winning ways with victory at Glebe Park and hopes the result can give the Blue Toon confidence in their bid to improve their poor home form this season.
He said: “Considering how bad the pitch was we played really well. We’ve had games like the Brechin one this season where we’ve dominated and not got the goal so it was nice to get our reward.
“Livingston have lost a couple of games and they’ve responded by bringing in new faces. They want to get back on track as soon as possible but we want to put our home form right and this would be the perfect game to do it.”
It has been an eventful week at Balmoor, with McInally revealing he had contemplated quitting the club at the end of the season but he insists the thought was nothing more than a fleeting one.
He said: “I really enjoy what I do but I did wonder if it was time to step aside and let someone else have a go in the summer.

“I didn’t think it was fair to entertain the notion for too long and let it affect my work at the club, so I spoke to the players as well as the chairman and vice-chairman and they all wanted me to continue.
“I imagine a few supporters will be disappointed to hear that but I love working for the club and have developed a real affinity for the people I work with in my time here.”

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Hmm after todays display I would be surprised if we make the play offs. We have a 30% win rate this season (including cup) and I can't see where the improvement will come from at all.

Pfc100
Youth Team Starter

Post by Pfc100 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 pm

I can't see any change if a new striker comes in. The problems lie in the middle and back of the park. If there is no service there won't be any chance of goals. Rory must be sick trying to play up there all the time .
All the teams that have came here this season seem to play and work for each other . Our team has too much passengers . I really don't know how Jim can't see this. Week in week out its the same guys that do the graft .
I really don't want to see us going down but keep this up and it might be a reality .

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:22 am

Reading the latest club news/manager comments, it sounds as if there will be another signing soon -- I hope it's a forward! Our location appears to be a real drawback sadly but there's nothing we can do about that! Do we have any Aberdeen FC players on loan -- if not why not I wonder?

Blueblazer

Post by Blueblazer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:51 am

Jonblue wrote:Reading the latest club news/manager comments, it sounds as if there will be another signing soon -- I hope it's a forward! Our location appears to be a real drawback sadly but there's nothing we can do about that! Do we have any Aberdeen FC players on loan -- if not why not I wonder?
Yes, Jonblue it does make you wonder especially as Aberdeen use our pitch for U20 games. For example this forward on loan recently at Brechin is a Peterhead loon.

I always wonder how you can tell if a player is going to fit in from a one off trial match rather than someone who's known from a number of competitive games.
Blueblazer :

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Blueblazer wrote:
Jonblue wrote:Reading the latest club news/manager comments, it sounds as if there will be another signing soon -- I hope it's a forward! Our location appears to be a real drawback sadly but there's nothing we can do about that! Do we have any Aberdeen FC players on loan -- if not why not I wonder?
Yes, Jonblue it does make you wonder especially as Aberdeen use our pitch for U20 games. For example this forward on loan recently at Brechin is a Peterhead loon.

I always wonder how you can tell if a player is going to fit in from a one off trial match rather than someone who's known from a number of competitive games.
Aberdeen currently have 7 players out on loan but none of them are at PFC. It does seem strange that we haven't had a player on loan from Aberdeen for ages. As has been said already you would think Peterhead would be an obvious choice for loan players from AFC. Anyone know why we don't get players on loan from Aberdeen?

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Another defender, Michael McMullin from Partick: http://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/17 ... -loan-move

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 am

So we have Allan Smith late of Forfar on contract until the end of the season. The manager sounds enthusiastic so hopefully this will strengthen the team up front. Things are starting to look interesting!

Blueblazer

Post by Blueblazer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Jonblue wrote:So we have Allan Smith late of Forfar on contract until the end of the season. The manager sounds enthusiastic so hopefully this will strengthen the team up front. Things are starting to look interesting!
Can't recall seeing Allan Smith before but hope he can stay fit for the benefit of both the club and the player.

Grant Anderson on the other hand as I recall was a superb player for Stenny and Raith and is an excellent signing for us.

Think we must be just about there with five new signings. Makes a change from last January and credit to Jim and the board for trying to improve things.
Blueblazer :

ELLON BRANCH

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 am

Under normal circumstances the January window is not usually one we would hope to be too active in, although personally think we have been unfortunate in quite a few games this season we do need to see a improvement in results in the 2nd half of the season. Hope the guys taken in do a job for us & at the same time enhance their careers. It is not ideal having to get loans in unless fully committed but as before am more than happy that Jim will have done what he thinks is best for the club.