Prospects

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Re: Prospects

Post by Jonblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:55 pm

I think this was a case of 'The Emperor's New Clothes' when throughout most of the season some ex quality players and the occasional manager expressed surprise that a team like Peterhead were occupying such a lowly position. Possibly the team may have been lulled into a false sense of security when we had serious problems forcing us in the latter stages and all too late, to scramble for anyone going. A dismal season.

As an aside, has anyone got any idea of how well paid our lads are compared to other part time players? I have always been under the impression that money was there when we wanted it but we landed up with quite a few players below par. I take the point that logistics are not in our favour but remember, last season we could well have been promoted after that amazing run but then collapsed! It's a funny old game as Jimmy Greaves used to say! I cannot see the manager staying on even if offered the job.

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Sat May 06, 2017 5:02 pm

At least we have made the playoffs -- must have been a nail biting finish!

canadadry
Youth Team Sub

Post by canadadry » Sat May 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Which team / teams do we play and when in the play off's ?

ELLON BRANCH
International Squad Member

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Should be against Montrose this coming mid-week then Sat. The other teams are Forfar & Annan one of which we can hopefully be against in the Final games the following week.