vs Brechin

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

vs Brechin

Post by Blueblazer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Not entirely sure why with Rory suspended and we have only another two out and out strikers, we start with both of them on the bench.

We weren't totally bad, just not quite good enough. Matched Brechin for most of the game but yet another match where we end up with nothing. Every game from now on is a cup final beginning with the next two against Albion Rovers and then Stranraer.

Trying to be positive, Craig Reid looks a decent, experienced defender. Pity he wasn't here earlier but he was probably walking 500 miles to get to us. :roll:

Good to see Jamie Redman back in the team. He's just the type of battler we need right now and of course Rory will be back (for a while anyway).
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Re: vs Brechin

Post by NewBlue » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:46 am

Blueblazer wrote: Every game from now on is a cup final beginning with the next two against Albion Rovers and then Stranraer.
I hate to say it but our recent record in important games doesn't give me much hope. I really hope we stay up though.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am

First game I have managed for a few weeks due to work, must say I am getting quite concerned with our situation. Earlier in the season we played some decent stuff but tended to shoot ourselves in the foot to drop lots of points we should not have. Although I was slightly late in on Saturday had the feeling the best we could hope for was that Brechin did,nt score as without Rory we did not look as if we would. As in many games it was difficult to fault players for effort but something is just not there. We need to find a few wins quickly to avoid the relegation play-off or worse go down, think if we do go down there could be repercussions that would take some time to get over.

stumpy74
Youth Team Captain

Post by stumpy74 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Says in the stats we had 6 shots on goal I can't remember seeing that
The last 2 games were the must win games for me can't see them staying up at all
The players on the park are just simply not good enough would only have given 2 players pass marks on sat
And have certainly hit the panic button with yet another loan signing also heard they are trying to sign neale coopers loon as well and if there is any other waif and stray looking for a club just now
Looking forward to Edinburgh city next season as we haven't played them yet and would imagine with a new manager
Hopefully manage to stay in league 2 because right now we are an average highland league side and would struggle to compete in the highland league

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 am

It's all the fault of Ladbrokes -we haven't won a game since Jim got manager of the month for January!!The curse strikes again.
I think this month's award should go to Stranraer!