Craig Reid

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Craig Reid

Post by Jonblue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:34 am

So, what's the view on our new signing - at least until end of season? Think I would have preferred a goal scorer as we struggle when Rory is not available and he keeps adding to his collection of red cards. Smacks a little of desperation now methinks. I was interested on his views on Icelandic football -- a touch of how young lads developed their talents in Scotland in days of old.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Re: Craig Reid

Post by NewBlue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Yeah I know what you mean about seeming desperate. I was mentioning over on P&B that there must be over 2 dozen players playing for us this season and as many back 4 combinations. I don't think it is always new players we need (bar a couple under performing) but maybe just play a simple 4-4-2 and give the back 4 some protection. Really though the last 3 transfer windows have been poor and it has led to this situation where we are scrabbling around trying to make improvements when really it is possibly too late.

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm

I get the desperation thing too but the reality is we are desperate!! No one wants to go back to the bottom tier and possibly even back to the HFL as I think the funding might dry up and it would be even harder to attract players.

To be fair, as I said in the match comments Craig Reid looked a very experienced, no frills defender even more so given he hasn't played for a while. Might be just what we need as our loanee defenders are all young and inexperienced.

If we can keep it a bit tighter at the back and Rory can snatch a goal at the other end that'll do me. I'll take 1-0 wins all day long.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

True Bloo
Reserve Team Regular

Post by True Bloo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Blueblazer, we should never be in this desperate position in the first place with our rumoured excellent player budget. I don't think we have been out of the bottom half of the league all season and with 8 games to go we are scratching around for unattached players and inexperienced loanees. We have ended up with an inexperienced defence, a glut of midfield players and a one-man forward line (suspensions willing). I do not think that this group of players have the appetite to scrap in a relegation battle and they badly lack leadership - Saturday's game at Albion Rovers will answer a lot of questions :roll: