Queen's Park

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
stumpy74
Youth Team Captain
Supports: Peterhead

Queen's Park

Post by stumpy74 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Wasn't at the game today but noticed Jordan brown starts and Riley is on the bench
Fair enough he only lasted 62 mins but that's 62 mins with 10men game over by then

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Re: Queen's Park

Post by Blueblazer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Noticed Hobday in for Smith too. Don't think it matters which 14 players get on the pitch now.

Appears we've thrown the towel in and Stenny's win just makes it look like automatic relegation again.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

Pfc100
Youth Team Starter

Post by Pfc100 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:09 am

And a change of defence again. . We are in trouble. The way the team are playing, I can't see us winning any of our remaining games. I just don't see what Jim sees in Jordon brown, he does get a goal now and again , but that's about it. I don't know what's happened to Dzierzawski, but he must be better than what's been playing in the middle of the park lately .

True Bloo
Reserve Team Regular

Post by True Bloo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am

The 28th January was the last time that we won a game, in fact, we have only won 8 games all season - only 3 at home, conceding 51 goals along the way. That is relegation form in anyone's book and it looks like we are destined for Division 2, even though we manage to hold on to second bottom, I don't think this team have the appetite for winning play-offs. At least next season, we will get our first look at Edinburgh City when we go back to where we started nearly 17 years ago. :oops:

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Not sure where we go from here and the writing appears to be on the wall as most other teams are raising their game. Chances are a new manager next season and a largely new team. Perhaps a win would work wonders but they may have left it far too late...

A town with a population approaching 20000 should not be in this position but we appear to have run out of answers on various fronts.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Chopping and changing again. I know that Jim must be trying things to get a change but it just isn't working, and it annoys me as we could all see the problems last year and they haven't been addressed. I can only wonder what it is like for the players who are sometimes performing OK and find themselves on the bench for no reason and someone who hasn't played for weeks is shoe horned in. Agree about Brown and it is worth pointing out that Kelleher scored as many goals (3) in less games so it isn't that impressive! Speaking of goals, to have the attacking players we have and not have score more goals is abysmal, we are just out of shape all over at the moment. This summer could be a disaster as if Jim goes (and I think he should) I think a few of the players will go as well, and we will have no management and no squad and the summer break is much shorter these days. I hope the board have some options in mind already if this happens. If he stays then it is likely to be more of the same next season.

"The Heid"
Reserve Team Sub

Post by "The Heid" » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm sick of it. If i thought they would get rid of Jim and start afresh with new approach i would welcome the drop. They think he's wonderful and i think if he wants to stay then he will. Read some comments from recent dinner that Roger was making excuses for Jim by saying we missed our signing targets etc. Bullshit and if Roger is duped by that then he's no shrewd business man...

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Just seen that Rory is suspended for 2 games after picking up another yellow in this game, that is not going to help us at all :cry:

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:49 pm

NewBlue wrote:Just seen that Rory is suspended for 2 games after picking up another yellow in this game, that is not going to help us at all :cry:
Wonder which midfielder/winger we'll have playing up front for these two games. :shock:
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014