Mikael Ngango Dikobo

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Mikael Ngango Dikobo

Post by Jonblue » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:46 am

It's rather sad that we have got to go to such lengths to fill our left back position by bringing this lad over from France. Are we that bereft of talent in the north east of Scotland? Let's hope he is something a little special!

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Re: Mikael Ngango Dikobo

Post by NewBlue » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm

What has happened to Ryan Baptie? I thought he was a left back. The couple of times he played he looked decent. Seems an odd signing, as you say hopefully he is something special.

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:29 pm

It will probably take him some time to acclimatise to a different style of football and if he doesn't speak English, that could be a problem. I dare say Jock the kitman could give him some English lessons.

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 pm

I know Jim has problems attracting some players from the south and also some from the north because they don't like the amount of travelling involved with a club like ours. The Samson Gabriel story was interesting about him paying his own way and sleeping in a railway station just to get a trial with us.

So I admire the guys who do sign up and especially these guys who come to another country just to get a game of football. Bottom line is I don't care where they come from if they're willing to put the effort in and play for us.

Ryan Baptie, by the way, signed for Penicuik Athletic in the east junior league.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm

At long last the transfer has finally come through. Our new left back seems to be well travelled having played in France, Czech Republic, Portugal and Slovakia. Lets hope he manages to cope with the physicality of Scottish League Two football. Bienvenu Mikael.

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:26 pm

NewBlue wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm
What has happened to Ryan Baptie? I thought he was a left back. The couple of times he played he looked decent. Seems an odd signing, as you say hopefully he is something special.
Just read that Ryan Baptie broke his leg playing in a warm up game for Penicuik Athletic. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.