v Annan

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

v Annan

Post by Jonblue » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Well, they left it a bit late being one goal down for most of the game but 2 goals in the last 5 minutes or so gave us all 3 points! A good start against a bogey team! I see Jim made quite a few changes second half so it will be interesting reading the feedback.

canadadry
Youth Team Sub

Re: v Annan

Post by canadadry » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Yes....Nice to see them winning in the last 5 minutes, as opposed to last seasons...losing it in the last 5

Great stuff and now looking forward to many more enjoyable Saturday nights

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Post match comment from Annan manager Peter Murphy re Jamie Stevenson's goal

'To be fair the lad hit a rocket for the winning goal and he’ll probably never score one of them again'

If he'd done his homework and watched the highlights from last week's game against Elgin, he would have seen a similar strike!

Connor2905
S-Form

Post by Connor2905 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:26 am

Or his 35yd rocket against Stenhousemuir during the 15/16 season

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 am

I notice Jim fielded our surprise latest signing Jack Leitch second half. Anyone know anything about this lad other than a product of Motherwell's youth academy?

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:20 am

Jack Leitch is the son of Scott Leitch, former Motherwell captain.He played for Airdrieonians last season scoring 2 goals and picking up 8 yellows and a red card. He played on trial for Inverness Caley in their pre season matches but given the circumstances at that club where they couldn't even afford a player from Buckie Thistle, they couldn't offer him a deal. He looked a useful prospect when he came on yesterday, not afraid to get stuck in - the kind of player Jim loves- and I think he will do a good job for us.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Another good win. Can't complain about grinding out a win especially if a draw might have been fairer. A nice turn around from last season so far. Does anyone know if Annan do highlights? I had a look online but couldn't see anything and I wouldn't mind seeing Stevenson's goal.

akie
Former Prediction King!

Post by akie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:26 pm

NewBlue wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm
Another good win. Can't complain about grinding out a win especially if a draw might have been fairer. A nice turn around from last season so far. Does anyone know if Annan do highlights? I had a look online but couldn't see anything and I wouldn't mind seeing Stevenson's goal.
Was having a look just now on there website,i want to see it again but it looks like its only away game highlights on there ie other teams highlights
whats the matter you hey
gotta no respect hey
awshadupayaface

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:45 am

Pity there doesn't appear to be highlights of Jamie's goal. Jamie must have practising his shooting as his attempts at Balmoor usually end up in Balmoor Terrace. :lol: Maybe it's the wind at Balmoor and he's better away from home.

According to the SPFL site this was our first opening day win in eight years. Think it's probably our first win of any time without Rory for a while also. All good so far so let's hope it continues.

Flasher: any chance of getting a high res squad pic so I can change my desktop?
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

I am interested to see how their young new 6ft 5ins player Russell McLean works out. I think the idea is to relieve the pressure on Rory as he is usually a marked man. Will he prove to be the Blues answer to Peter Crouch :)