BTTV - 10 Years On

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
CameraMan
Reserve Team Captain

BTTV - 10 Years On

Post by CameraMan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

While spending the evening browsing the PFC website and forum, I noticed that it’s almost 10 years to the day since BlueToon TV started. Has it really been that long? When I first pitched up at Balmoor after responding to an ad in the Buchanie looking for a volunteer to video some games, I literally had no idea what I was getting into. I’d never filmed a football match before never mind figuring out how to edit 90 minutes down to around 5. Producing videos to stream over the internet wasn’t the simple task it is today where virtually anyone can now upload clips to Facebook in seconds.

The first game filmed was against Cowdenbeath ( Peterhead v Cowdenbeath ) and I was at the back of the main stand failing to account for the constant stream of fans wandering past the camera but a 4-2 win for the Toon felt like a good omen. Over the years there have been steady improvements in equipment and facilities (the Club built a gantry) with trips to various grounds and many memorable games and goals; Andy Rodgers overhead kick – Martin Bavidge’s rocket strike at Glebe Park to see 10-man Peterhead win 2-1; winning 9-2 against Berwick Rangers. The list goes on. It was great fun.

Having now moved down South and handed the camera to others, it’s great to see the output continues and I hope it does so for many years to come. There are still some archive games that I plan to upload to the YouTube channel when I get time. The quality isn’t as good on the older footage but, hopefully, it’ll add to the legacy of a great, local club.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Re: BTTV - 10 Years On

Post by NewBlue » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

I have said many times that I think we have some of the best, if not the best, highlights package in the lower leagues. So thank you and others for all the hard work you have put into it over the years. Here is to another 10 years.

For me my favourite goal on camera has always been Bavidge's against QotS in the Challenge Cup. Nothing spectacular but I always thought it was an absolutely fantastic first time finish which showed you how good he could be on the day (and also how could Daniel Moore's left foot could be.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qRqcOwNT-g (Around the 5 minute mark)