Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
strichener2
Lord of the prediction league
Supports: Peterhead

Re: v Stirling Albion

Post by strichener2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:02 pm

ELLON BRANCH wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm
It was interesting seeing Gibson ranting at the defence for the first three goals when he wasn't anywhere close to helping out. He should probably concentrate on his own game and in particular his tracking back (see 1:25, 1:54, 2:24 2:39 on the highlights to see his positioning for the goals).

Just shows how folk see things differently did not notice on Saturday but having been at a number of games home & away I have mentioned how impressed I have been with Willies tracking back considering he is 33 & one of our main forwards. There was also a mention of Scott Brown not being a very good right back this could be because he is an attacking midfielder who funnily enough I think was beginning to show a more positive attitude going forward & having a go at goal.
It's not really seeing it differently unless you consider tracking back to be to 10 yards inside your half. :lol:

I agree with you regarding Scott Brown but his defending was shocking on Saturday and you have to ask why he was put into that position. Jim has shown year after year that he doesn't think he needs defenders and Saturday's performance once again proved him wrong.

Incidently I was just having a read on his page on Wikipedia and came across this:

"Gibsons received £1 million signing of fee from Peterhead."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Gi ... born_1984)