Cowdenbeath

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
stumpy74
Youth Team Captain
Supports: Peterhead

Cowdenbeath

Post by stumpy74 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Surely anything less than 3 points on Saturday and questions have to be asked about what's going on

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Re: Cowdenbeath

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 pm

stumpy74 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm
Surely anything less than 3 points on Saturday and questions have to be asked about what's going on
The question being asked now is can we keep up this level of performance. A blistering start and 3 quick goals had the game sewn up midway through the first half. A fourth goal was always likely but it was near the end of the game before it arrived. It was unusual to score so many goals without Rory being one of the scorers but he put in his usual hard graft and set up two of the goals. Same again next week at Edinburgh City and we will be back in the groove ready to challenge for the league title.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 am

As posters here will know I tend to try to see the positive side of things & tend if I have nothing good to say hud my tongue. Was working today so could not make the game but good to hear someone mentioning the other part to Rorys game apart from scoring, apart from the odd day he throws a strop & goes for a early bath nobody can question Rorys work rate, usually in games its not till he goes off you ask why is nobody closing the keeper or providing cover at corners etc & apart from getting his share of goals Rory does all those things & still gets called greedy. Anyway good to see a convincing win but again we need to be ruthless if 3 up at half time we should be going for the same or more 2nd half & the same goes for a 1-0 lead at the break we have tended to sit deep & get ourselves in trouble at times.

The Postman
S-Form

Post by The Postman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I feel the team performed very well on Saturday, great tactics from Jim and Davie and Scotty T obviously did a great job prepping Greg hence the clean sheet.

Full praise should be given to the coaching staff and same again this Sat!!!

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:17 am

The Postman wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm
I feel the team performed very well on Saturday, great tactics from Jim and Davie and Scotty T obviously did a great job prepping Greg hence the clean sheet.

Hiya Jim! :lol:

Although Saturday was a great result we were playing the worst team in the league and I think anyone associated with the club knows the danger of getting carried away! Hopefully though we can build on this result and get players back form injury and keep going before we lose touch with Stirling.

strichener2
Lord of the prediction league

Post by strichener2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 am

The Postman wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

:roll:

Going by the official stats, Greg could have stood beside Scott in the dugout and we would have still won.

It would appear that you are perhaps more than just a simple fan going by your first two posts in the forum.

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 pm

strichener2 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 am

It would appear that you are perhaps more than just a simple fan going by your first two posts in the forum.
I think "simple fan" sums it up quite nicely. :twisted:

Joke, by the way, good to see a new poster on the forum. You must join the prediction league.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014