Peterhead vs Stirling Albion Saturday 13th January

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
243Miles
Youth Team Sub
Supports: Peterhead

Peterhead vs Stirling Albion Saturday 13th January

Post by 243Miles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

This could well be the week-end when the Blue Toon go TOP and STAY TOP, I fancy Edinburgh City to take something from their visitors Montrose and the Boys Fae Balmoor are well capable of keeping their impressive run going against Stirling Albion!

However nothing ever seems to run smoothly for Jim's boys so I will expect the unexpected, in fact the "UNEXPECTED" has become the norm whenever I visit Balmoor and I'm sure my 2 grandsons will enjoy the game unfold. Looking forward to meeting all the friends I have made up there, having a crack and suffering the wind-chill and probably frost bite !!!

Fancy it will be quite a tussle but expect Peterhead FC to get at least 1 more than the visitors if the defence show their recent form and it could be more given the abundance of scorers within the team.

Forecast Peterhead FC - Stirling Albion

8700 miles after tomorrow
:roll:

243Miles
Youth Team Sub

Re: Peterhead vs Stirling Albion Saturday 13th January

Post by 243Miles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Forecast Peterhead FC 4 - 1 Stirling Albion

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 am

Slightly out 243 Miles but a win nevertheless and a tightly fought contest in dreadful conditions by all accounts. Guess you are missing the Blue Toon's idyllic weather by now ;) . What was the gate - any sign of the public getting behind the team as we strive to win this league? We are still banging them in and I suspect Dumbarton face the cup match on Saturday with some trepidation!

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm

The gate was 649 which isn't bad at all to be honest. Hopefully the better results and goals will keep people turning up.

243Miles
Youth Team Sub

Post by 243Miles » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 pm

To be honest you can't ask much more of a team than to keep winning, keep scoring and with a bit of luck with something approaching the beautiful game (at this level) and that's what they're doing. Balmoors tropical climate can have a detrimental effect at times as the hurricanes are quite regular at Saturday between 2-6 but the Blue Toon seem to be able to handle it with good effect !!!

As the awards and recognition come from outwith the Club it will hopefully see crowds reach 700-800 maybe even break the 1000 as promotion approaches :D

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Realise we have always been very fortunate to have the Bluetoon TV service just wondered if there was any reason nothing had appeared for this game hope all is well with Cameraman as our highlights have always been around the best.

Bluetoonser
S-Form

Post by Bluetoonser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:04 pm

ELLON BRANCH wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm
Realise we have always been very fortunate to have the Bluetoon TV service just wondered if there was any reason nothing had appeared for this game hope all is well with Cameraman as our highlights have always been around the best.
The cameraman was there at the game on Saturday however the camera posted missing! Technical problems with the camera meant that not much of the game could be salvaged, unfortunate as there were some good goals that most would enjoy a second chance to view :(

This is perhaps a good opportunity to ask if any supporters know of someone who would like to train in the use of the camera and learn how to edit the highlights. My son has been on the job nearly three years now and although it fitted in well while he was still at school locally, now that he is off at Uni down South it is not quite as easy to make games - especially mid-week. It would therefore be more practical to have a second camera operator.
The job would suit someone who has a love of football (an ability to read the game required) and is tech-savvy. A 5th or 6th year academy pupil would be ideal as they are more likely to be free at weekends but could be any age as long as they are keen and have the time!
Willing candidates can email the club at office@peterheadfc.co.uk

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks for the update, some take the service for granted but have always appreciated it, like most things at a part time club its down to a few volunteers to step up.