Colt teams

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Nev
The Boss
Supports: Peterhead

Colt teams

Post by Nev » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:57 am

I see in the press and on social media, the prospect of the Old Firm having Colt Teams in League Two has reared it's ugly head yet again. A few clubs at our level have requested feedback from fans and stated their current position (Annan - against, Berwick - for, Elgin - against).

Jim has commented on it here, while I saw on Twitter that Martin Johnston (General Manager) has had no direct contact.

Any views?

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Re: Colt teams

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Well done to Jim for coming out & giving his personal opinion on it, having spoken to him about it in the past was confident he would see it for what it is but to go public takes a bit of bottle & conviction of the damage this proposal could do to our leagues. I have been in contact with the club giving my own view on it & that if approved I would no longer be interested in what would be a totally devalued league system. Hopefully this nonsense can be binned asap. Would encourage all supporters to look at the available information & let the club know your feelings. Is it really worth giving up sporting integrity for a possible bribe of £15K a season for teams in League 2 (Hopefully we wont qualify for it next season anyway).

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:25 pm

100% behind Jim's comments. The colt's has been a waste of time for the premier league sides as none of them got past the second round of the Irn Bru cup. Even Celtic got hammered by Annan. So why do they think that this is the way forward ? If they want to bring on their players, get the reserve league back as mixing it with experienced pros will do a lot more good than fannying around in the bottom tier and dangling carrots at cash strapped clubs. The loan system has more benefits for their players. Look at Cammy Kerr and Aaron Comrie who we have had on loan and are now playing for their first teams. Ollie Shaw is now a regular for the Hibees but he was playing against us last season. This proposal should be booted into touch.

akie
Former Prediction King!

Post by akie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Totally agree with Jims comments,get this idea to f@@k
whats the matter you hey
gotta no respect hey
awshadupayaface

RabC
Former Prediction King!

Post by RabC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:40 pm

I am in complete agreement with the comments Jim has made, reject this proposal as soon as possible.

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

As with everyone else this idea should be chucked. We are not here to develop players for other teams (bar loans), so lets not make a mockery of a competitive league. The lower leagues have been really exciting the last few seasons with unexpected promotions and relegations and the last thing we need is this nonsense.

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:32 pm

Have to agree that this is an absolutely ridiculous idea and would almost certainly be the thin end of the wedge unless it's stamped out completely.

Jim is being slated in the press by those who a) think they are superior and b) want to push it through regardless forgetting that Jim has not only played at the highest level but has extensive knowledge of all levels of football.

I could not continue to support a non competitive league and would hope that all other supporters will make it clear to their clubs that this proposal must be rejected as it was in England.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014