Vs Montrose

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Vs Montrose

Post by Jonblue » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

After last night's good result against Berwick, the scene is set for what should be a cracker against Montrose on Saturday. The Berwick game sounded a close run thing and after the Clyde defeat I wondered how much that would damage momentum as is often the case after a long winning streak. Anyhow, the Blues did us proud so let's hope the town turns out in force to support the lads to push them into top position.

243Miles
Youth Team Sub

Re: Vs Montrose

Post by 243Miles » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:59 am

Firstly a BIG shout out to the dozen or so Peterhead fans who made the International journey for The Blues European match with Englands' Berwick Rangers. The football served up was hardly classic and but for another defensive error, 2-0 at half-time and it would have been done and dusted. Instead we gift a goal and then they get another and its squeeky bum time.
The boys dug in to fashion a win from what looked likely to be a draw at best, well done.

Disgusted by the Berwick fans who goaded an obviously distressed and badly injured Nicky Riley even applauding the stretcher coming on !! It fairly annoyed Rory and Wullie G and the lads.

Thin squad now for Saturday and what looks to be an indicator of the Title Winners but somehow I think adversity will bring the best out of this team :D

10100 and counting :o

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:16 pm

With five on the injury list, Robertson, Smith, Cairney, Stevenson and Riley and Marc Lawrence out on loan for a month, that only leaves us with 12 fit outfield players.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:29 pm

243Miles wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:59 am
Firstly a BIG shout out to the dozen or so Peterhead fans who made the International journey for The Blues European match with Englands' Berwick Rangers. The football served up was hardly classic and but for another defensive error, 2-0 at half-time and it would have been done and dusted. Instead we gift a goal and then they get another and its squeeky bum time.
The boys dug in to fashion a win from what looked likely to be a draw at best, well done.

Disgusted by the Berwick fans who goaded an obviously distressed and badly injured Nicky Riley even applauding the stretcher coming on !! It fairly annoyed Rory and Wullie G and the lads.

Thin squad now for Saturday and what looks to be an indicator of the Title Winners but somehow I think adversity will bring the best out of this team :D

10100 and counting :o

Hame about 2.30 this afternoon, before & after the game went well. The game itself was going along quite nicely & at 2 up looked as if it would be a comfortable night. Casual play by McCracken lost the ball & they got one back & found new confidence losing another not long after the break made it an uneasy 2nd half. Losing Jamie for any length of time would not be good. I was over in the Ducket & like yourself & our players was disgusted by the reaction of some of the home fans to Nickys injury, could hear straight away he was in a lot of pain, luckily Flemming was able to get the ball out of play so he could get attention, it was even worse when abuse carried on when a stretcher eventually arrived & Nicky was carried off.

cabbage
Youth Team Captain

Post by cabbage » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Nothing much more to add to what has already been said. We were quite in control until we gifted them their 1st. The 2nd we gifted them too but well done to the lads for battling on.

The abuse from the young Berwick fans was a disgrace. And 2 stewards standing beside them, what is the purpose of the high viz jacket brigade?

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 pm

The highlights from last night are on P&B & presumably the Berwick site

Blueblazer
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Blueblazer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 am

Flasher wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:16 pm
With five on the injury list, Robertson, Smith, Cairney, Stevenson and Riley and Marc Lawrence out on loan for a month, that only leaves us with 12 fit outfield players.
Looking through the January transfers there's only one team over all four divisions that hasn't made any signings - Peterhead. Only time will tell if that is a very brave decision or a very stupid one.

Yes we could still get loan/unattached players but that doesn't always work. Apart from the injuries there are also a number of players that are not match fit.

Really have to hope that all the good results recently are not going to be in vain and that we can keep it going with injuries and suspensions kept to a minimum.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

243Miles
Youth Team Sub

Post by 243Miles » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm

My reply on P&B

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Willie Gibson going mental at McLean for being a 'lazy c*nt' was a highlight (and he wasn't wrong).

Billy Big Time is a liability, the manager has given him more chances than he deserves. Playing Rusty from the start means you are playing with 10 men and they have one giving them the ball whenever he receives it, that allied to having the shortest jump I have seen from a big lad does Peterhead no favours at all.

There was plenty of graft yesterday but the only team who looked up for it were Montrose, after 20 minutes pretty much new a draw was the best the Blue Toon could hope for. Congratulations to the Mo for a professional performance, given your consistency the title has more than likely got your name written on it.

Having said all that Dillon didn't even have to use any of his "Black Arts" that's how impotent Peterhead were !!!!

Will Peterhead now splash the cash on loan players wages? they need to !

Blueblazer

Post by Blueblazer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Sadly the failure to sign anyone in January had an immediate effect as only three outfield players on the bench none of whom are that experienced and with little game time between them.

The team looked tired and maybe it was the midweek games but it has only added pressure in that we need to get something from the two additional midweek games just to keep in touch now.

Not sure if the idea was to avoid the centre of the Montrose defence where Dillon hardly got out of second gear but Rory kept ending up wide left and Russell kept ending up wide right while Jordan ended up nowhere resulting in very few opportunities to score.

Just waiting for the quotes saying we're too good not to go up. :roll:
Blueblazer :

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Russell and Jordan are more effective when coming on as subs. They are not good enough to start as was shown again yesterday but with limited options I can understand why Jim plays them. That's 1 home point from 2 games against Montrose and certainly not good enough to win the league. Must beat Edinburgh City next week or it could all go pear shaped.

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Jim spent three days on the phone last week trying to get some loan cover with no success. On the bright side, Jamie Stevenson and Mason Robertson should be back for the Edinburgh City game.

Blueblazer

Post by Blueblazer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:53 am

Flasher wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 pm
Jim spent three days on the phone last week trying to get some loan cover with no success.
I've no doubt he did but what about the whole of January or even December sounding out who was available. We've known for a while that we have no defensive cover and need to play midfielders there when required and apart from Rory we have no real quality up front.

The best time to strengthen the squad is when you're doing well not when it looks like you're desperate.
Blueblazer :

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 am

Blueblazer wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Not sure if the idea was to avoid the centre of the Montrose defence where Dillon hardly got out of second gear but Rory kept ending up wide left and Russell kept ending up wide right while Jordan ended up nowhere resulting in very few opportunities to score.
I blame the 3 at the front we play as we always end up with someone out wide who really shouldn't be there. McLean and Brown are never going to be taking on players and whipping in crosses. I also get frustrated seeing Gibson in the middle of the park - he is the most creative player we have and really need him out on the flanks causing people problems.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am

Was sure before the game on Saturday one guy we would definitely miss would be Jamie Stevenson he gives us extra cover when defending & a option wide going forward. Have been fortunate that we have managed to play a fairly settled team for a while, as we have seen a few missing for whatever reason upsets the balance.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 am

There are some highlights available although the only way I could find them was going on the Montrose site, unless I'm missing something they seem to have stopped being put on our own site in blue toon media, the last ones I see listed there is from the Elgin game on Jan 3rd

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 am

re highlights - you have to click on VIDEOS to get the latest.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Is this on our own website as still struggling to find anything on there

Bluetoonser
S-Form

Post by Bluetoonser » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:24 pm

There has only been the Stirling and Dumbarton games at home since Elgin. No camera-man at Dumbarton game as BBC were already attending and camera malfunction at Stirling game hence no highlights! I have yet to add the Montrose game to the website as camera-man has the wrong date (can't get the staff these days ;) ) but when this is amended I will upload to the site.
All videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialBlueToonTV/videos

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Nae problem just thought I would ask as they have always been appreciated by quite a few folk in the past. Cheers for the info.

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Post by Flasher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:39 pm

On the top bar of our home page, there are four blue symbols, Facebook, Twitter, Blue Toon media and the forum.Click on the third one and it takes you directly to the You Tube page.