Jims Staying

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
The Postman
Youth Team Sub
Supports: Peterhead

Jims Staying

Post by The Postman » Fri May 18, 2018 1:33 pm

Heard on the grape vine Jim is staying..........GREAT NEWS... lets get behind the team!!

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Re: Jims Staying

Post by NewBlue » Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Awful decision. How much money are we going to throw at failure this season? Anyway with Stenny and Montrose gone we are probably favourites for the league again this season, what could go wrong?

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Fri May 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Am not really surprized as Jim has backing within the board & they will know more of what Jim offers the club apart from being in the dugout on a Saturday. A number of players have said they came to us because of Jim. I honestly think we were better than Montrose or Stenny last season but let ourselves down at vital times so rather than winning the league had to endure the play=offs. Jim needs to get his signings right this season as he was badly let down by a few last season but put together a younger & better squad than before. To get everyone onside we need a good start to the season to encourage folk along.

The Postman
Youth Team Sub

Post by The Postman » Fri May 18, 2018 3:41 pm

Great to hear lads mon the toon.

More importantly...has anyone tried the new chicken place on Queen Street??

strichener2
Lord of the prediction league

Post by strichener2 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:15 pm

The Postman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:33 pm
Heard on the grape vine Jim is staying..........GREAT NEWS... lets get behind the team!!
If this is the sort of great news that you deliver, I hope you aren't my postman. :x

stumpy74
Youth Team Captain

Post by stumpy74 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Oh me heard the horrendous news this afternoon he’s staying on and take it we are keeping all the back ground staff as well
For a manager that asked to leave last year after relegation and then again this season after another failure is he the man for the job to take the mighty bloo toon to where we belong and of course the free spending big club who shouldn’t really be where they are :roll: we will be favourites again of course like last year to go up
or maybe down to where we maybe do belong in the highland league and let some other club have a crack at it
Maybe he just wants to be the longest serving manager in Britain 3rd just now behind Exeter and Morecabe
Oh well at least the other clubs looking for a manager can breath a sigh of relief that Jim’s staying with us and we can be the laughing stock of Scottish football again really wondering where my club is heading :(

The Postman
Youth Team Sub

Post by The Postman » Fri May 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Stumpy not sure why you even attend matches - when do you ever have anything positive to say? Do you think you could do a better job??

Think you should maybe sit this season out pal - Phd don’t need negative fans like you shouting rubbish every week then ranting about it on here !

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Too late on a Friday night to get too deep into it but would be interested to hear how Stumpy74 would cure all the ills he see,s with the club. Its all well & good saying its no good but unless a better alternative can be offered up maybe best just to keep thinking of it. I will admit I thought Jim may be away through choice more than anything, when thinking of a reasonable replacement could not come up with a better option with Steven Gerrard having taken the poisoned chalice in weegie land who would Stumpys offering be.

strichener2
Lord of the prediction league

Post by strichener2 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:39 am

The Postman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:57 pm
Stumpy not sure why you even attend matches - when do you ever have anything positive to say? Do you think you could do a better job??

Think you should maybe sit this season out pal - Phd don’t need negative fans like you shouting rubbish every week then ranting about it on here !
What position do you have within the club? It can be the only reason for the absolute acceptance given to everything the club decides to do.

As for your "do you think you could do a better job" give, this is just petty, childlike nonsense.
ELLON BRANCH wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 pm
Too late on a Friday night to get too deep into it but would be interested to hear how Stumpy74 would cure all the ills he see,s with the club. Its all well & good saying its no good but unless a better alternative can be offered up maybe best just to keep thinking of it. I will admit I thought Jim may be away through choice more than anything, when thinking of a reasonable replacement could not come up with a better option with Steven Gerrard having taken the poisoned chalice in weegie land who would Stumpys offering be.
Again, it isn't down to the supporters to come up with the solutions and I turn it back to you - Did the club even look at alternatives? It is a hypothetical question BTW as the speech from Rodger at the awards night made quite clear that it was a decision for Jim to make. I am sorry but what club accepts two years of failure and doesn't take some type of positive steps to address the situation? Maybe if we were seeing progress rather than the same old, same old then it would be more palatable. However the idea that there is nobody and nothing that the club could do in terms of management etc. to improve the onfield performance is just outrageous. Surely with the largest budget in the division all we are lacking is the ability of someone to spend it correctly.

stumpy74
Youth Team Captain

Post by stumpy74 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Well postman think the club needs all the supporters it can get at the moment and having not missed much home games in the last 30 odd year I’m sure I’ll be back to shout my rubbish lol
but know a few guys that won’t be back next season after this decision to keep him
As to who we should get not to sure really but there must be someone with a better track record than Jim has at the moment

True Bloo
Reserve Team Regular

Post by True Bloo » Sat May 19, 2018 4:26 pm

stumpy74 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:07 pm
Well postman think the club needs all the supporters it can get at the moment and having not missed much home games in the last 30 odd year I’m sure I’ll be back to shout my rubbish lol
but know a few guys that won’t be back next season after this decision to keep him
As to who we should get not to sure really but there must be someone with a better track record than Jim has at the moment
Well Stumpy74, after watching them for 50 odd years, I made the decision not to go back 2 seasons ago after the Ayr United play-off embarassment. I found it incredulous that he stayed on this season after getting them relegated back to where we started 18 years ago.

As for getting a replacement manager, you don't know unless you try - there might just be someone out there with fresh ideas and tactics who can take us out of this level of under achievement. Ray McKinnon and Jim Duffy are idle and what about tempting Dick Campbell to come here and kick a** and show no favouritism.

I bet that midfield players who have been freed by their clubs will be delighted that McInally has remained as manager. :shock:

NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by NewBlue » Mon May 21, 2018 10:43 am

The Postman wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:57 pm

We could stop signing midfielders to play in defence - I think that would be a good start.

At the end of the day fans pay their money every week and it entitles us to an opinion - you may be happy to accept continuing mediocrity but many are not.

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Clearly mixed feelings on the manager. I am just not sure what to expect from this team next season as the whole team will need motivation. One thing is for sure, if we do not get promoted Jim will go. What's the betting we will land up in the play offs again - against Stenny! :x

The Postman
Youth Team Sub

Post by The Postman » Thu May 24, 2018 11:52 am

Boys......Don't worry about the play offs as we will win the league this year!! I promise

The posty always delivers..........

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Thu May 24, 2018 1:17 pm

The Postman wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:52 am
The posty always delivers..........

No he doesn't :lol: :lol:

The Postman
Youth Team Sub