Peterhead v Clyde

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
243Miles
Youth Team Sub
Supports: Peterhead

Peterhead v Clyde

Post by 243Miles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Well I'm back for this one and interesting it could be given Clyde are seen by their fans and the Bookies as some sort of title contenders this season !!!

I'll repeat my well worn mantra, If Peterhead defend competently then they can win this game - if not then anything is possible.

Mon The BLUE TOON :)

Flasher
Youth Team Captain

Re: Peterhead v Clyde

Post by Flasher » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Your mantra must be as well worn as your tyres!

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Great result. Keep this up and we will be champions this season.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am

A decent performance & an important win. A strange line-up with Willie Gibson at Right back & Jamie on the left, Willie played one of the pre-season games at left back so you would have thought if he was going to be a full-back Jamie would have moved over to his more natural right side it was an odd move but actually seemed to work fairly well yesterday. Not sure about Rory, Rusty & Lyle all being on at the same time think we would maybe be better with someone wide either Kavanagh or Norris possibly & have one of the 3 strikers come off the bench if needed anyway worked out well in the end yesterday so we need to push on & win as many games as possible. Going back to an old favourite know I was not alone in thinking that David Dickenson the ref was dire he should maybe just concentrate on flogging antiques on day time tv as he joins my black book of official clowns.

gmac
Reserve Team Sub

Post by gmac » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:45 pm

This David Dickinson was definitely not the real deal, very inconsistant in his decisions.
A great performance by us, Simon Ferry controlled things magnificently from midfield, Russell put in a great shift and has improved immensely since signing last season, Greg's handling was impeccably confident and was alert when called upon. Hopefully we have set this high standard to continue as such for the campaign. Well done guys!!

243Miles
Youth Team Sub

Post by 243Miles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Thoroughly professional performance that could and should have seen a bigger winning scoreline. David Dickenson tried his hardest early on to help Clyde get in front but he was flogging a dead horse and the Blue Toon's make-shift defence stood firm and were never going to let Clyde stop their charge to the top of the division. Midfield were dogged and at times creative and Rusty and his Rivets are becoming a force to reckon with.

Hope the woman beater from Clyde is dealt with accordingly by the Police and Justice system, He'll not like porridge he prefers cheeseburgers :lol:

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:19 pm