Buchanhaven school

This is the place for any topics not related to Peterhead FC. Almost anything goes
auldblootooner
S-Form
Supports: Arbroath

Buchanhaven school

Post by auldblootooner » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Fit like all ? am new here and was just wondering if any of yous attended Buchanhaven primary in the early 70's.I went there from 73-78 after leaving Clerkhill in p2.Stayed in Kinmundy road then flitted to Morven Crescent with my ma and da.Da was at sea aboard the Salamis amongst others.All my family on my ma's side were in the fishing business.She's a Swankie the Arbroath equivalent o Buchan and Bruce.Unfortunately i didna hae the sea legs and keep the tradition going,remember spendin a week in the summer hols at sea wi my da as was the in thing then, was flat calm but boy o boy did i spew my wringer all week lol.I am in Arbroath now and in the oil trade for my woes.It would be great to hear from any auld school mates.

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Re: Buchanhaven school

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Nae bad. Fit like yersel auldblootooner?
I hope you become a regular on this forum but you will have to give us more clues about who were your auld scholl mates.
Is Gavin Swankie a relation of yours? 4-1 defeat at Stranraer :oops:

auldblootooner
S-Form

Post by auldblootooner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 am

Na Alan nae relation probs a spaver connection somewhere along the line lol.As for auld mates,Robbie Cowie,Alexander Bruce,Jamesy Charles,Jammo Harrison,Stan Morgan,Peter Duthie,Alan Lacey to name but a few.

Bluetooner
Reserve Team Captain
Supports: Peterhead

Post by Bluetooner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:04 pm

auldblootooner wrote:Na Alan nae relation probs a spaver connection somewhere along the line lol.As for auld mates,Robbie Cowie,Alexander Bruce,Jamesy Charles,Jammo Harrison,Stan Morgan,Peter Duthie,Alan Lacey to name but a few.

If that is the same Peter Duthie - may be my uncle. (whether it is the same Peter Duthie may be doubtful though.......)
COME ON THE BLUE TOON

Barry

auldblootooner
S-Form

Post by auldblootooner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Barry, the Peter Duthie i'm talking boot would be aboot late 40's now,stayed in Morven Crescent and his dad was at the sea,canna for the life of me mind his dads first name though i remember he was a really big guy.Soz i canna gie you anymore info the memory 's a bit rusty.

Bluetooner
Reserve Team Captain
Supports: Peterhead

Post by Bluetooner » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 pm

auldblootooner wrote:Barry, the Peter Duthie i'm talking boot would be aboot late 40's now,stayed in Morven Crescent and his dad was at the sea,canna for the life of me mind his dads first name though i remember he was a really big guy.Soz i canna gie you anymore info the memory 's a bit rusty.

Nope, different one :)
COME ON THE BLUE TOON

Barry