Buchan Observer website

This is the place for any topics not related to Peterhead FC. Almost anything goes
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Buchan Observer website

Post by Jonblue » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 am

Why is the Buchan Observer website constantly out of date week in week out? I emailed the Bucahie several times but got no response so they clearly could not care less. There there must be many like me keen to know what's happening in their hame toon. I always bought the Buchanie when I visited Peterhead but it appears to have gone downhill over the years. Not much editorial flair there I'm afraid!

alpdel
Reserve Team Sub

Re: Buchan Observer website

Post by alpdel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 pm

The Buchanie is now owned by Johnstone Press, think that's the name who are based in Angus I believe. They own The Fraserburgh Herald and Ellon Times too. Gone are the days of getting the Buchanie "early" on a Monday night.

All 3 papers have about 80% same content with only select "local" news for half a dozen pages. Circulation of all 3 is dwindling due to the changes.

Sad times.

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 am

I guess they see the Buchanie as the poor relation. Yes, it used to provide a reasonable read when under local management but I think most local papers what with technology are going downhill. Many of the local papers down here(we enjoy 2 which are delivered) are free but are stuffed with advertisements and properties for sale. I know more about what's going on through the busy local internet Forum which is why I am surpised Peterhead does not have a 'proper' town news website. Perhaps all is peace and quiet in the town nowadays and folk are happy with their lot!

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:52 pm

They must have been listening to me as I see a new Buchanie website is now in force! Looks better set out and all it needs now is more news and frequent updating but at least it's something to build on.

jock
S-Form

Post by jock » Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I hope they can upload some old pictures.