ADVICE PLEASE

This is the place for any topics not related to Peterhead FC. Almost anything goes
Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

ADVICE PLEASE

Post by Jonblue » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:24 am

I had hoped to be able to tune into all the news going on in Peterhead on this website but am a little disappointed. It's great to be able to catch up on how the team are doing but can anyone advise on any other websites concerning local news. As mentioned elsewhere, the Buchanie website is pretty useless. Any website covering local news past and present around and about would be appreciated -- especially history on Peterhead. One of my hobbies is writing short stories often about Africa and believe it or not, I sometimes include background experiences from my early years as a loon in Peterhead -- fishing off the breakwater, walks round Slains and the many adventures we had as kids when we had so much freedom compared to nowadays. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

scotty reid
Reserve Team Sub

Re: ADVICE PLEASE

Post by scotty reid » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 am

Jonblue wrote:I had hoped to be able to tune into all the news going on in Peterhead on this website but am a little disappointed. It's great to be able to catch up on how the team are doing but can anyone advise on any other websites concerning local news. As mentioned elsewhere, the Buchanie website is pretty useless. Any website covering local news past and present around and about would be appreciated -- especially history on Peterhead. One of my hobbies is writing short stories often about Africa and believe it or not, I sometimes include background experiences from my early years as a loon in Peterhead -- fishing off the breakwater, walks round Slains and the many adventures we had as kids when we had so much freedom compared to nowadays. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
There's the p&j website http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Default.aspx?UserKey=
Come on the toon

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Ok, thanks scotty . I tried them but it's rather limited. Nothing can beat a local website. It's so different down here where the local website --one of them has around 30 to 50 postings a day about everything under the sun. Housing developments, local & national politics, local events -- crime etc and general blether covering the best trademen, pubs, resaurants and general gripes. 100's tune into it every day. The latest issue being the council has gone mad painting double yellow lines everywhere across folk's drives even ! That didn't go down well but parking here is crazy. You have so much SPACE in Peterhead if you are prepared to walk a little not to mention the links for kids although I never see a soul there when I come up. Changed days when the Welfare League use to play most night and kids played rounders etc etc etc. Or tied oil drums together to make a raft and 'sailed' out to sea -- it's a wonder any o' us survived! however I guess your kids, like ours are stuck behind computers playing different sort of games nowadays but I reminisce -- a sign of old age!

scotty reid
Reserve Team Sub

Post by scotty reid » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:11 pm

you could also look at this site just found it. http://www.peterheadonline.com/
Come on the toon

Jonblue
Reserve Team Regular

Post by Jonblue » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Yes scottie. I've looked at that one but thanks anyway. It looks as if 'your' website is the best around and occasionally there is some news and popeye's articles on the old days were truly excellent! I guess if it's mainly locals who tune in , well they'll ken fit gings oan onywey. I expect news still travels fast in Peterheid!