Saturdays Gig

This is the place for any topics not related to Peterhead FC. Almost anything goes
ELLON BRANCH
International Squad Member
Supports: Peterhead

Saturdays Gig

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Just wondered how this went. Was there a decent crowd. Hope Bloobird & pals didnt make a mess of Stanleys green carpet!

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Re: Saturdays Gig

Post by Alan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 pm

I heard it was good but the crowd was a lot less than hoped for - possibly between 1000 and 1500. If the tickets had been cheaper the crowd would have been bigger.

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Alan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2816211

E.E. reckoned there was over 3000 at the Saturdays gig - believe that if you like.

LeftFootWand
Youth Team Starter

Post by LeftFootWand » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm

That alleged number would've been more than expected. Good crowd if true. Maybe bloobird undertook a head count in between beltin out their songs. Ironic their most recognisable one is a Celtic anthem. Goes from bad to worse for Rangers!

bloobird
Youth Team Starter

Post by bloobird » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:42 pm

I was well belting out their songs - it was brilliant! Doubt there was 3000 though. EB - I said to my friend earlier in the day - I don't care if it rains and I get soaking wet as long as it doesn't make a mess of our pitch. The guy on stage asked folk to stop smoking on the pitch and this girl in front of me lit one up later on. Grrrr. And this guy next to me just dropped his cup o beer or whatever it was and it splashed on my uggs! He got a rolicking from me! I thought the whole thing was great though and the lack of folk didn't overly spoil it as we got close to the stage although I'm sure the Saturdays are used to playing to slightly bigger crowds.

ELLON BRANCH
International Squad Member

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 pm

bloobird wrote:I was well belting out their songs - it was brilliant! Doubt there was 3000 though. EB - I said to my friend earlier in the day - I don't care if it rains and I get soaking wet as long as it doesn't make a mess of our pitch. The guy on stage asked folk to stop smoking on the pitch and this girl in front of me lit one up later on. Grrrr. And this guy next to me just dropped his cup o beer or whatever it was and it splashed on my uggs! He got a rolicking from me! I thought the whole thing was great though and the lack of folk didn't overly spoil it as we got close to the stage although I'm sure the Saturdays are used to playing to slightly bigger crowds.

Glad to hear it was enjoyed by those present & hope there was some cash left over for the charity. Did you require medical attention for your "uggs". Hopefully the weather will get better & give Stanley a chance to get the pitch to its usual high standard for the season ahead.