Vs Elgin

Chat about football matters whether or not they relate to Peterhead FC
NewBlue
Reserve Team Regular
Supports: Peterhead

Vs Elgin

Post by NewBlue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:49 pm

First home game of the league season. Hopefully a repeat of the cup game for us.

Anyone have any squad news? I am assuming Rory will be back in.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Re: Vs Elgin

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Don't know if there has been any word on the left back that was meant to be signing from abroad but think we are still a couple players short at the back, up at Elgin & Saturday down at Annan we could have conceded a number of goals but for some great saves from Fleming & poor finishing by the other teams, hopefully with time together the defence can tighten things up a bit. Am sure they will have been told that we need to make Balmoor a place to fear for other teams as last season it got to be the other way round.

Alan
Three-time Prediction King!

Post by Alan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 pm

NewBlue wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:49 pm
First home game of the league season. Hopefully a repeat of the cup game for us.

Anyone have any squad news? I am assuming Rory will be back in.
Rory was suspended for 1 game so I would expect him to be back in the starting 11 against Elgin. As EB has mentioned we really need to improve our home form this season and there is no better way of starting off by beating our old Highland League rivals. I notice that Nicky Riley is missing from the team photo but I hope he was just unavailable at the time and he is still a Peterhead player.

Nev
The Boss

Post by Nev » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Nicky was on the bench last week

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Aye came on as part of a triple substitution after about an hour.

BlackanWhecht
Reserve Team Captain

Post by BlackanWhecht » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I wouldn't worry about a starting eleven. Half a dozen should be enough. Regret to say that Elgin are a pale shadow of the team that flattered last season ultimately to deceive.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Just notice in tonights evening that clearance for Ngango Diboko has now gone through & depending on his fitness level he could be available for Saturday.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Another great result and fully deserved after some fine football played the way it should be. What a difference from last season and if we keep up this level of performance we should be top or thereabouts at the end of the season. The only black mark today was Riley getting stupidly sent off after coming on as a substitute. Luckily the game was won by this stage with us 3-0 up but it was most unlike Nicky to be our first red card this season. Competition for places is now of a higher standard than last year with the new signings all showing they are worthy of a place in the team. It all bodes well for a good season ahead.

Blueblazer

Post by Blueblazer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 pm

BlackanWhecht wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm
I wouldn't worry about a starting eleven. Half a dozen should be enough. Regret to say that Elgin are a pale shadow of the team that flattered last season ultimately to deceive.
I've seen a few decent Elgin sides over the years but, unfortunately BW, you are right in that this is one of the poorest Elgin teams I've ever seen. Peterhead won this one so easily without ever getting out of second gear. The defensive errors helped of course but we were just so far ahead today and I suppose you could say we forced Elgin into making those errors. Stupid sending off for Riley (should get fined for that one) when the game was already over but made no difference to the play. Thought Mason Robertson looked a bit uncomfortable in midfield and it was better when he moved back and Scott Brown came in.

Next two games (apart from the East Fife cup game) against Stenny and Stirling should give us a better idea of what the standard is in this league.
Blueblazer :
Prediction League Champion 2002/2003; 2006/2007; 2013/2014

BlackanWhecht
Reserve Team Captain

Post by BlackanWhecht » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

For what it's worth the guy who does match reports on the City board reckons on that performance PD will win the league. He's often right with his assessments.

ELLON BRANCH
International Regular

Post by ELLON BRANCH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Things have looked much better so far this season but two games into it is a bit soon to know how things may go, after 9 games in will be a better time to judge.